For decades bed bugs have made headlining news all over for contaminating homes, hotels and being notoriously difficult to kill and remove. Professional exterminators often use toxic, foul-smelling pesticides to battle bed bugs. Most chemicals and pesticides are unable to contain or terminate bed bugs. Since bed bugs feed on blood, they are unlikely to ingest chemical detergents. Similarly, spraying pesticides only works if the bugs are directly touched by the poison and bed bugs are so small they are likely to be missed.
Surprisingly, bed bugs can be eliminated quite effectively with the help of all natural, non-toxic vapor steam.
A bed bug’s best known weakness is that they’re extraordinarily vulnerable to high temperature. Studies have proved that exposure to temperatures of over 60ºC / 140ºF are effective in killing bed bugs and eradicating bed bug infestations. At 212ºF, the Optima Steamer is intense and immediate, killing both bugs and eggs on contact. The Car Member Steamer produces constant high temperature heat for the most efficient bed bug removal. With less that 5% moisture, this allows for deep penetration and quick drying of upholstered surfaces.
Since steam is produced by heating water, it’s the safest way to clean anywhere. Using natural dry vapor steam can be used safely in children’s rooms, on bunk beds, cribs, strollers, changing tables etc. without risking the health of your loved ones. Many professional exterminators have converted to using steam in their cleaning application of mattresses, bed frames, headboards, bedding, carpeting, upholstered furniture, draperies and more.
Be vigilant! Bed bugs can live for up to a year without feeding, so resurgences may occur. Re-treat with the Optima Steamer often. Unlike pesticides and chemicals, steam is a 100% natural solution that you can use as often as you like to create and maintain a bed-bug-free environment.
- Deep penetration and quick drying of upholstered surfaces
- Safely clean children’s rooms, bunks and cribs
- Chemical-free sanitation
- Most effective clean for mattresses, headboards, bedding, carpeting, upholstered furniture, draperies and more
- Kill bed bugs in all stages of life on contact
- Eliminate pathogenic bacteria instantly
- Continuous heated dry steam
- 30’ (10m) of hose length (upgradeable up to 20m)
- Low moisture produces no mess
- Eliminate the need for chemicals
- Remove, dirt, stains and grease
- Deodorize and sanitize
- No fumes, no residue and no chemical costs